VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Golf 8 R in Video Games?

16K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Mustardblue 
#1 ·
Anyone know if the Golf 8 R is in any video games? The new Forza Horizon 5 does not have it on the car list, but it does have the Golf 7 R just like Forza Motorsport 6.

I was playing some split screen multiplayer on Forza Motorsport 6 over the weekend biding my time, patiently waiting. My son asked if the new Golf R was in Forza so I started wondering. My son’s favorite Forza 6 car is one of Ferdinand Porsche’s early works, the Auto Union race car. I was using the Golf 7 R, Golf 4 R32, Corrado or Scirocco (gen 3) R and I didn’t have to play easy due to the “handicap”. We had a blast.

#4 ·
The new Forza Motorsport has it. I believe ACC does as well.

Reactions: Corrado-Diesel
#5 ·
I wasn’t able to secure a real life test drive of my incoming Golf R, so I made do with plenty of time with it in both Forza Horizon 5 and the more recently released Forza Motorsport. Definitely go with the latter game if you are looking for detailed insights as to its on road dynamics.

#6 ·
I was recently gifted a Logitech wheel which I naturally first tested on a Golf R in FM. The car acted nothing like its real world counterpart imo. Really turned me off of the game. Any time I want to mess around with the wheel now I fire up ACC.

#7 ·
Thanks guys.
I think it’s time to upgrade to an XBox Series X to play the new Forza Motorsport and Golf 8 R.
With the Forza Horizon 5 on my old Xbox One Forza edition I was able to earn the electric BMW i4 eDrive 40 Sport through online competition gameplay in October and it drives pretty realistically to the one I own.
Obviously Forza Motorsport is more of a sim and Forza Horizon is more of an arcade racer, but they’re both fun as heck!